We're Back (kind of)!As of September 21st, NOCA will begin offering some extremely limited group classes. We will not yet be offering group classes for kids - but we hope to these back up in the very near future!
As classes re-open, we will be taking a multitude of precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Masks will be required at all times inside the studio. Masks must cover your nose, and attach to your ears. Masks that tie behind your head are not permitted due to strangulation risk.
- Upon arrival at the studio, we will be requiring a temperature check, COVID screening questionnaire, and hand washing.
- We will not be accepting first-time students, or students who haven't taken a class in over a year. With these students, spotting (meaning physical contact) is more important.
- Class size limits will be either 3 or 4 (instructor's choice).
- AcroYoga, Tumbling, kids classes, and all classes at NOCA North will remain cancelled.
- Sharing of apparatuses will not be permitted. Instructors will rig a separate silk for their own use.
- Students will be permitted to bring their own apparatuses to class if they prefer. Rigging safety approval will be required - please arrange this in advance.
- Cleaning protocols will be elevated. We will be cleaning the studio in between every class, and doing a more thorough deep clean once a week.
Yes, the above are some pretty extreme precautions. Over time, if we're seeing improvement in the regional COVID numbers, these restrictions will be slowly and cautiously relaxed. In particular, we are anxious to get the kids classes going again - we promise it will not be long! We are very tentatively hoping to resume some kids classes in mid-October.
As we make decisions about re-opening, here are factors that we are evaluating, in loose order of importance:
- We will continue to follow any county, city, state, or federal requirements regarding quarantines.
- We will continue to closely watch the stats provided by the Johns Hopkins Corovirus Tracker, among other trackers, with a special focus on the trends taking place in TN, VA, and NC (in order of importance).
- We will continue to closely watch the actions taken by other aerial studios and circus schools in our region, and around the US.
- We will continue to closely watch the actions taken by other local businesses - especially local gyms.
On March 18th, 2020, NOCA closed all regular classes due to the rapid spread of the 2019 novel caronavirus. This was an incredibly difficult decision to make, as the state had not yet ordered us closed, but at NOCA, safety is a high priority, and we could clearly see that we could inherently no longer continue to do what we do safely.
As the owner and founder of NOCA, I've personally been running this company for 7 years, and this is easily the most difficult challenge I've faced yet. The past few months have been terrifying, stressful, and emotional. I want to thank some people who have contributed sigfinicantly to our resiliance through this difficult time. If you are listed here and would prefer not to be, let me know and I will remove you immediately! Conversely, if you are not listed here and feel you should be, you're probably right, and it's probably just a screw-up on my end, and I'm so sorry! Please contact me, and I will add you immediately!
This list will be displayed permanently on this website, and also publicly recognized in other ways yet to be conceived of!
Special Thanks To:(in alphabetical order)
- Mithra Alavi
- Alix Allen
- Brittany Bales
- Genevieve Bartuski
- Rachel Broad
- Joy Bohannon
- Allison Buckles
- Elizabeth Buckles
- Katie Bull
- Kat Bundy
- Rebecca Church
- Phil Clemons
- Catie Cotter
- Leigh DeLoach
- Kathryn Duvall
- Karen Elb
- Kayla Ellison
- Francois Errandonea
- Hannah Geeraert
- Guy Gibson
- Sam Harrod
- Rebecca Hart
- Debra Hanig
- Jennifer Hilliard
- Vianna Isbister
- Carly Johnson
- Tiffany Kellogg
- Amanda Kelly
- Anneliese LaTempa
- Leigh Ann Livingston
- Jocelyn Mathewes
- Tricia Matthews
- Danielle Myers
- Krista Nauseda
- DeAnna Sharp
- Sybil Smith
- Mike Sullivan
- Wil Rhew
- Mindy Woodall
- Erin Worhty